Friday, June 1, 2007

The best intentions to keep that momentum I was starting to build during my Thursday night painting classes promptly fizzled to nilt once the classes ended. My model is patiently leaning against the wall, waiting for me to complete the background. And touch up the hair. That's it. Just a tiny bit of effort left and I'm stalled.

Of course I have a good excuse and if I didn't, I'd at least have to make one up. To be honest, I have been painting. I've been slopping a few quarts of golden harvest semi-gloss on my kitchen and bathroom walls. Well, I was slopping and MOB did most of it.

I also need to get to the art supply store for a couple of supplies that I really want, but there is always just this other errand to run instead.

Should I feel guilty that I am sitting here blogging instead of finishing my painting? That instead of just picking up my sketchbook and drawing, I'm googling for information to get "inspired"? Maybe I should, but I don't. I'm in a generally dark mood right now. (Doesn't help that I'm being kept awake by partying neighbors with their drunken renditions of "you gotta fight, for your right, to pahhhwtee!!!)

I wish my funk was because of something more conflicted or romantic - but it's simply because I am getting fat. Yes, it could be related to that time of the month, but I'm ballooning. No, I don't expect much sympathy from anyone as I recognize that my challenge is not as great as others have it. It's just especially frustrating because I am still running three times a week and biking once a week.

I guess it's time to get back into the core workouts which have also stalled and add more interval/speed training to my life. And yeah, maybe between runs and workouts and daily life, I'll get to the art store and finish that masterpiece...

No comments: