Thursday, July 5, 2007

Finally got a sketch done this week!

















I am going to try to focus on improving my technique with the black pens before I think about color for now. A little water color on this would be nice, but I will hold off.

On the running front, things have been getting better and my motivation is improving. Yesterday's Peachtree was a lot of fun, even though I got very little sleep the night before. I managed to run through with no walk breaks. I didn't try to sprint at the end like I would normally or push myself too hard; I just wanted to enjoy it and I did. I ended up finishing in 54 minutes, which is not my worst, not my best, and totally okay with me.

MOB was just after mile 5 watching the race and it was the first time out of five Peachtrees that I saw someone I knew among the thousands of spectators. It was a nice feeling and gave me a boost at the end when I needed it most.

Last week, I made it to the Oakhurst Running group again even though they nearly killed me the first two times. Killed me with speed that is. They are really a friendly group and one of the runners makes sure that no one gets left behind, which is nice. Last Wednesday was a little better because 1. I was better prepared by having a bottle of water with me and 2. there were people running (or willing to run) at a little slower pace - which was still very fast and challenging for me but not impossible. I think our little group of 4 (the laggers) ran at about an 8.30 pace for 5.2 hilly, hot, humid miles.

My thoughts about marathon plans are currently in a state of flux, shifting over to actually going up to run the Chicago marathon (which I've been registered for since early in the year). I may miss my niece's wedding, but they (my sister and my niece) have already indicated that this was okay. I don't think it would phase them. And, it may be an afternoon wedding, in which case I could go to the ceremony and skip the reception. Now the only issue is looking into the hotel at such a late date... I wish I hadn't fluctuated in my planning in the first place because there was an awesome deal lined up for me that I let pass. It's no longer available.



No comments: