Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Culinary inspiration has been completely absent from my life during past month or so. MOB's been doing a great job at keeping me well-fed, but whenever it's been my turn (which has been less frequently lately) the results have been as lackluster as my running (not that MOB would ever complain - one of the many reasons I like him so much :) ). I was getting frustrated with myself because I know that the reason has been simple lack of effort. I can cook better than I have been.

So, last night I decided to get back on the horse and I tried the recipe for Creole Stuffed Tomatoes torn out from a recent Creative Loafing. Was it ever good. And not that difficult to make. More filling than I expected too. I served it with couscous (spelled right?), which turned out to be a good pairing as the tomatoes release a lot of tasty juice when you cut them open.

No comments: