Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Baby got back

A few of the sketches from last night's Apache Cafe Art Monday figure drawing session. I really like that place. I met my friend there, had a bite to eat (some tasty and a little spicy jerk chicken skewers), and we both sketched and caught up with each other. I wasn't trying too hard with the sketches, it was just something fun to do while we chatted. I did manage to sketch this guy trying to pick up the girl seated in front of us.




















I put together my grand blow-out marathon training plan. This will be my last marathon attempt and then I'm done with it. March 30, ING Georgia is the goal. I adapted the half-marathon plan I was doing, along with some plan found on the internet. It's going to be a LOT more running than I've included before, but I also built in opportunities for rest and recovery. I'm going to try to be more consistent about strength training too.


Basically, I'll be running 5 days a week except for every third week, where I will add another rest day. Additionally, every 4th week, I cut back on mileage (not related to the week with the extra rest day.) My longest run will be 23 miles 4 weeks before the marathon. I'm going to shoot for 9/1 run/walk intervals for the first 20 miles of the run.


The half-marathon plan had us running 5 days a week too - two of those runs were usually light. At first I was worried that all that running would tire me out, but the opposite was actually the case. I really felt a lot stronger and looser.


Let's hope that third time's a charm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It took me a while to figure out the Rundoodle. Now I know your work, good stuff. 3rd time is the charm and you will do great! Happy running!