Saturday, December 15, 2007

new ING GA Marathon route announced

The new ING Georgia Marathon route is now available. Some pretty significant changes but a lot of it remains the same. The biggest change, besides starting and ending in Centennial Park, is that it also now goes over to the GA Tech campus in the last few miles.

My training is going okay. Not running as many times during the week as I planned to, but still getting my long runs in. This week I ran two 8-milers, and I'm up for a 16-miler today. Last week's 14-miler went very well. Following a 8:45 min run/1 min walk interval, I did it in 2:15. That's a 9:38 pace. If I could do a 9:30 pace for a full marathon, I would be very happy.

It's a lot harder than I thought it would be to run 5 times a week. It's not that I don't have time or that my body can't take it, but my mind really resists the idea of running that much. I can do 4 runs a week pretty easily, it's getting that fifth one in that's tough.

No comments: