Monday, March 17, 2008

big woops on that taper

Yeah, so somehow I left a week out right at the end when I made up my training plan. I suddenly realized last week - wait a minute, somehow I did my longest run 4 weeks out from the marathon - I thought it was supposed to be 3 weeks out.

Once I looked more closely at the plan, I realized somehow I left the entire week of March 17th off of it. Nice going! I think a 4-week taper may be too long. To try to make up for it, I did 15 miles last weekend. I'll do 10 for my last long run and just hope and pray that my body holds up come race day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so paranoid about taper weeks. I feel like my body is instantly going to wither and fade if I don't work out hard every week.

I'm putting in a taper week prior to my event, but I still have this nagging feeling that I should just keep going full speed right up to the day.

Don't worry about the scheduling goof. You've been training hard and it sounds like that 22 mile run went very well. You'll do great!

Anne said...

Hey, you weren't anywhere near those tornadoes this weekend, were you? I thought of you when they were talking about downtown Atlanta...realizing you were in Midtown and now you're somewhere else.