Saturday, August 16, 2008

Improvements

It's been aggravating trying to get used to these hilly routes during the hottest time of the year, but the recent cooler morning temperatures - down to the mid-60s - are making a difference. Since I've started tracking my runs on the Training Log at Runner's World, my times are coming down, which is nice to see. Overall, my pace still seems to be about 30-40 seconds slower than it was the previous year. The US10K on Labor Day weekend will be a good yardstick. That was one of my fastest 10ks about 3 or 4 years ago.

I just finished a Graphic Design class at the Savannah College of Art & Design community education program. So although I haven't been posting many doodles or sketches, I've been hacking away at some graphics. Maybe I'll start posting that stuff again soon. I'd like to start working on a portfolio, but that will take a bit more time and dedication than I've wanted to put into it lately.

No comments: